Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Illustrators and other Freelance Design topics.
An Online portfolio of your work is an excellent idea and is becoming standard practice. However, in order to protect your work, take these precautions:
• Copyright all material and post the copyright notice on each piece.
• Keep resolution of your illustrations high enough to look good onscreen.
• Keep resolution low enough so illustrations cannot be reproduced in print-outs.
• Make sure your name is visible on each piece.
• Include contact information should anyone want a reproduction of your work.