Managing Social Media
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Brand Managers & Marketing and other Freelance Design topics.
What skills should social media managers have?
Are you curious about what it takes to become a social media manager? This type of position is up-and-coming, and marketing professionals everywhere are brushing up on their knowledge of tools such as Twitter and Facebook. Although social media jobs vary, many of them require some or all of the following skills:
- The ability to set up and populate social media accounts on sites such as Ning, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Knowledge of the etiquette involved in social media interactions.
- Day-to-day basics, such as tweeting, maintaining fan pages, and keeping status updates current.
- Connecting and interacting with people through social media accounts.
- The ability to develop a long-term social media strategy that integrates with any current marketing platform.
- The ability to work with other marketing professionals and explain social media strategies and how they fit into a traditional marketing campaign.