Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Brand Managers & Marketing and other Freelance Design topics.
Do I need to point out my skills to potential clients?
If you're trying to set yourself up for freelance marketing jobs, it's a good idea to develop a core network of services that you can offer to your clients. What these are will depend in large part on your skill sets, but here are some things you may want to consider:
- Creation of start-up marketing collateral such as a position statement, boilerplate information, press releases, and other materials.
- Creation and population of social media sites.
- Traditional print marketing campaign.
- Event marketing campaign.
- Combination social media and print advertising campaign.
- Brand development and promotion.
- Gathering and interpreting market research.
There are other areas you can specialize in, but the important thing is to let people know what your strongest areas are so that potential clients can see what they're getting if they hire you for a particular job. Highlighting your skills is an important part of marketing yourself as a freelancer.